I feel so blessed...no...I feel priviledged to be able to do photography as a job.
It is more than a job for me - I personally invest in every family I come in contact with. It may sounds silly, but I feel like my clients become my friends - I look forward to meeting them, and consider each family as friends after we have spent time together.
And in turn, my clients invite me to be part of some of the most intimate and unique moments of their lives - the joy of new life, the pain in losing a loved one, the happiness in celebrating a birthday, the bittersweet transition of school to college. the amazement of watching your family grow....
You invite me to be part of it, in my small way, and I do not take that honor lightly. And I thank you for that gift you give me.
I feel this gift I have, to take photos, is from above - and I love being able to bless people with sessions when I hear that they may need a little pick me up.
Most of the time this happens becuase someone hears of a need and then sheepishly they ask if there is any way I can do a session...and so I wanted to make it public that this is something that is part of my business - so please, it you hear of a need, please ask...
It is part of Sarah Sweetman Photography - it is part of who I am - part of ME.
I have done families who are involved in Foster Care, families with terminally ill children, a couple who lost everything in the recession, a family whose grandma was dying of cancer and wanted some lasting memories, with families with babies in NICU, with adoption cases...
None of these sessions are publicised as I dont want anyone to ever think I do it for the attention - it is about these families and me being a small part of the journey that they are on...it is my gift back to them - paying some love forward into their lives.
I cant always accomodate sessions due to my own schedule, but I would love to be asked, considered to making a difference in the world of others.
So, please ask... :)
Love Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment