Monday, February 18, 2013

Mini Sessions for 2013

I get asked, every year, on the first week of January, when my mini sessions are going to be held by some of my lovely clients - yes, you know who you are :)  You are just so darn organized - I love it :) 

So, I thought I would help you out and post the dates as soon as I could for you.  If you want to book - PLEASE email me sarah@sarahsweetman.com as sometimes I miss the posts on Facebook.

Please note that mini session slots are pre-paid this year. I will send you an invoice and as soon as it I paid, your session is confirmed. If you have to pull out due to un-forseen circumstances (ie illness or travel) and it is more than 30 days before the session, I will credit the session fee towards another mini or full session (minus a $25 admin fee).  If it is less than 7 days before the mini session date, you will receive a 50% credit towards another session, unless I can fill your place with another family, when you will get the full session credit towards another session (minus a $25 admin fee). 

For those who want to know "what is a FULL session vs a MINI session" I will explain - especially now that I feel I have more of an idea of WHO I am as a photographer and the quality and experience I want to give all my clients.

With a FULL sessions, it is as all about the full customized experience.  Before the session we talk in detail about the session to make sure I have the right props available, we have the right time to suits naps and schedules and the location to get the kinds of shots you want.   On the day, we meet in your custom location and we spend 1 to 1 ½ hours together capturing your story – I do not watch the clock so we can take as long as is needed.  Many clients will bring a change of outfits and we have time to work in multiple settings and setups. More of the details are captured too as I have time to sit back and watch your story unfold while my shutter clicks.
 
MINI sessions, in contrast, are targeted for clients who are really looking for a quicker session and don't need to customize a session to their own family - it is a mini version of what you get in the full session.  Mini sessions are also ideal for families who want to do multiple sessions per year without the expense of getting a full session each time. 
With the mini-session I can keep the price lower by having a fixed location, and reduced time  of 45 mins rather than 90 mins.  What this means for you as a customer is that you will typically get 1-2 different setups/locations in and in 1 outfit as there really isn’t time for outfit changes. 

I hope that makes things a little clearer as to why I offer both kinds of sessions and what to expect out of each.

Please note that the mini sessions for 2013 are 45 minutes long - I wanted to use an extra 15 minutes with each family so that I can capture not only portraits, but more of the moments "in between" also which I felt like I didn't get to quite do in the 30 minute sessions.

I am also doing many mini sessions over the Summer at locations around Seattle to try and satisfy different family needs.  Please note that as the best lighting is in the late afternoon or evening during the Summer months, I am doing most of my mini sessions in the afternoon/evening.

Okay, onto the dates:

APRIL 27 (Rain date - please put this in your calendar also May 4th)  - Spring Blossoms  
45 min sessions from 10am - 3pm - $225 +tax.  Includes $125 prepaid credit.
http://www.facebook.com/events/130703777105925/

JULY - 8 - Summer session at the river - Tolt River Park
45 min sessions from 3pm - 6 pm - $225 +tax.  Includes $125 prepaid credit.
http://www.facebook.com/events/330898090364369/

JULY 13 - Summer session - Park location at Flower World
45 min sessions from 9am - 2pm - $225 +tax.  Includes $125 prepaid credit.
http://www.facebook.com/events/569694803049758/?context=create

JULY 17 - Summer session  - Gas Works Park
45  min sessions from 3:30 - 6.45pm - $225 +tax.  Includes $125 prepaid credit.
http://www.facebook.com/events/474918825891296/

JULY 31 - Summer session - Picnic Point Beach Park
45  min sessions from 3:30 - 6.45pm - $225 +tax.  Includes $125 prepaid credit.
http://www.facebook.com/events/497519980306697/

AUG - date 2nd? tbc? - Woodinville lavender farm (**to be confirmed**)
45  min sessions from 3:30 - 6.45pm - $225 +tax.  Includes $125 prepaid credit.
***No link yet as it is TBC****

AUGUST 16 - long grass location
45 min sessions from 3:30 - 6.45pm - $225 +tax.  Includes $125 prepaid credit.
http://www.facebook.com/events/269551053177622/


OCTOBER 5 (Rain date - please put this in your calendar also OCTOBER 12) Fall leaves at Bothell Landing
45  min sessions from 9am - 2pm - $225 +tax.  Includes $125 prepaid credit.
http://www.facebook.com/events/468492506539767/

OCTOBER 19 (Rain date - please put this in your calendar also OCTOBER 26) Fall - think more Orchard - Apple trees - Location TBC
45  min sessions from 9am - 2pm - $225 +tax.  Includes $125 prepaid credit.
http://www.facebook.com/events/551372494896980/

NOVEMBER 2 -  Indoor Studio Session with soft 'twinkly' Christmas lights, Woodinville
45 min sessions from 9am - 2pm - $225 +tax.  Includes $125 prepaid credit and 25 custom made Christmas cards.
http://www.facebook.com/events/253725764762588/

NOVEMBER 9 (Rain date - please put this in your calendar also NOVEMBER 16) Tree Farm
30 min sessions (as it is cold outside) from 9am - 2:30pm - $225 +tax.  Includes $125 prepaid credit and 25 custom made Christmas cards.
http://www.facebook.com/events/214898938650679/

DECEMBER 7th - Santa Experience - **NB - details to come at a later date.

No comments: