Sunday, July 31, 2011

Session Changes

I know it has been AGES since I posted a blog - I am truly sorry about that as I havent had a chance to share many of the amazing sessions I have been involved with lately due to being so busy - I know - a great problem to have :) . I have the best clients and feel so blessed to be invited into people's lives to capture their precious memories for a lifetime.
So, I promise, come September, I will try my hardest to share some of the many sessions I have done so you can enjoy them too :) I am hoping it will be a little easier to keep up with once the kids are both back in school.
Anyway, I decided tonight to take a break from editing and just let you all know about some of the changes going on over here at SSP. :)
First things first is that I have changed the way I am pricing sessions.
I used to break apart 'babies' (under 1s) and then everything else (families, kids, seniors, pets etc)...but this proved to be confusing for people as I would get asked often about whether families were allowed in a 'baby' session - and if there was a discount for just the baby themselves...and what happens if a baby is not moving by 1 - are they classed as a full session or still as a baby... It all got too confusing for some people...
So...my solution is to create 1 session price - you get to decide what you want to do with your session - be it a newborn (with or without other family members), a family, your pets, just the kids...your session to choose what you want to do with.
My second change is to do with prints.
I started offering a free 10x15 print with every session as I wanted people to see for themselves the difference in printing through me and through costco and have atleast one of their images in high quality print. I have come to realise that clients want a little more choice with their prints - they want to choose the sizes they prefer rather than rely on my 'better than an 8x10' 10x15 sizing.
So, I have come up with a $50 print credit. This means (essentially) that in your session fee, you have already paid $50 towards a print (or prints) of your choice. This amount must be used in one go (ie. if you have $5 left over, you cant order something else in a month) and you can of course add a little more money to get the prints you want. I am hoping this will mean clients will be able to be able to better choose what they want for their homes.
I hope you enjoy these changes - I am a simple kind of a girl so I hope this will accomodate more people and their needs :)
Thank you again for allowing me to be your photographer - I consider it a great joy and a blessing!
Enjoy your Summer!

No comments: