Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Wonderful Wall Art Displays












I have the idea floating around my head for ages - to be able to help clients to not only capture their special memories, but create wall art for their homes when they buy prints.


I know from my own experience, sometimes it feels overwhelming to have photos you love but you are not sure just quite how to display them. Or, you don't want to spend the money on prints as you are not quite sure what they might look like.















Well, I found these home templates through a fellow photographer as a starting point. Eventually, my plan is to make the templates specific to my clients homes - using a picture/dimensions of the wall/area they plan to use photos in. But for now, this should give you a good idea of what your photos could look like in various displays.

Dining Room - room size 11'W x 8'H



Hallway or blank wall space - wall size 8' W x 6'H


Living Area - Room size is 11'W x 8'H


master bedroom - room size 15' W x 8'L



Dining Room - Room size 11' W x 6'H


nursery - room size 10.5'W x 6'H


This nursery design has 1 24x30 , 1 12x15 and 1 10x15.

single 20x30 print












SOOOOOOO.... First of all, I wanted to show some of the 'rooms' I have - I have others, but didn't have time to make some up for now - but you get the idea right? But if there is something you want to see, please don't hesitate to ask :)


AND...I also wanted to take the time to show you my thoughts on image size. And why I say, if you have the space, bigger is better :)






8x10 with a fireplace - room size 12' x 8'


Did you know that the number 1 print size ordered by clients through me is an 8x10.


In the photography world we call it a 'desk' print as it is really best when viewed close up - like 1 foot away - as happens when it sitting on a desk.


When someone walks into your home, they don't stand that close to your prints - unless you have made them 5x7 or 8x10, then they have to, to view your pictures.


I believe a person should be able to clearly see who is in your photos from across the room in your home.


I wholeheartedly believe in the impact that comes with simplicity - and with choosing one or two of your favorite images, make a proud statement.



This print is a 16x20 - it is twice the size of the print above and certainly shows more of the people in it. But, I still think that to create impact with 1 image, if you can, go bigger.







This print is a 16x20 too - just with a mat/frame - makes it look bigger, even when it is the same size as the one above.



This image is a 20x30 - now we are seeing details in the faces of the kids. remember that people walk into your home and see your wall prints from a distance. Show your family off!!





This print is a 30x40 - I love it in this size. it has impact both from across the room and up close.


So - there you go. I look forward to working with your family on prints/displays for your home that show off your gorgeous family!!

4 comments:

Brit said...

So cool, Sarah! I can't tell you how much we struggle with what to DO with pictures we get. Don't feel like we have too much of an eye for visualizing how things will look, so we end up not doing anything at all. This is a great idea and useful tool. The templates really show you what it'll look like and allow you to play around, which is exactly what people like me need. Never would've thought about ordering such a large print size, but actually SEEING the difference makes it a no brainer!

Kitty Bailey said...

These are really great Sarah. I really like your idea of designing for individual space. In the meantime it would be great if you put up the wall dimensions to give us an idea of what area you are working with.

julie said...

Very cool to have a visual! Good idea!

Sherri said...

Thanks for this info. Sarah...I struggle too with what to do with the beautiful photos I have. This is very helpful! :)