Thursday, April 29, 2010

Mother's Day Give-away

When I became a mother, everything changed. I suddenly realised the depth of love my own mother had for me. I am embarrassed by some of the flippant remarks I made while growing up about 'mom not understanding'...how silly I was. My Mom understood...but she also saw the bigger picture and it always ended up that she did know best. She never said 'I told you so' and always told me how special I was and how much I was loved. I never doubted it.

As my own children grow I only begin to understand some of the sacrifices my mom made for
my benefit. Not that she ever complained - she always had a smile on her face and taught me much about making the most of every situation. My mother was always hardworking and always put others before herself. She was and is a rock to many and a loyal friend.

I am blessed to have her as my mom - and the wonderful mama to my own children.

I was thinking about my mom last night. With mothers day just around the corner, I do not get the privilege of celebrating this special day with my own mom - it is a little hard when you live on opposite sides of the world. So, in her honor, I wanted to create a 'Mother's Day Giveaway'.

I want to hear about your mom or about you! What is she like? What has she inspired you to do? to be? ... Or, what has becoming a mom meant to you? ...Or for you men...Is your' wife the most amazing mom in the world? Tell me about her!! I want to hear your stories!

The winner of this giveaway will receive a free mini photography session with me (Sarah Sweetman). The session will be dedicated to 'moms'. We can photograph just the mom, the mom and her mom, the mom and her kids...we can work out the details together. The photography session will take place in the Seattle area in WA and will be held at a time that is mutually available. The winner will receive a CD of high resolution images from our time together.

Entry to this Giveaway is open now! I will be receiving entries till 8pm (PST) on Friday the 7th of May 2010 and the winner will be announced on Mother's Day - May 9th 2010.
Please send your entry to me at sarah@sarahsweetman.com
BTW: Yes, these pictures are of my beautiful mom with my daughter. Can you feel the love? I can!

No comments: