I consider myself both a custom photographer (because I tailor my sessions to each individual family or group...travelling all over the city :) ) and a photojournalist becuase my preference is to capture little moments that happen naturally rather than pose every shot. I love the details - eyelashes, fingers, toes, loving stares...and I love the moments that will become treasured memories for generations. I love and feel so honored being a part of this for you all.
Every photo I present to my clients has been selected, color corrected, light balanced, and edited...pimples removed, red spots removed, wisps of hair no longer over faces (if i can help it) :). Little known fact is that I spend about 6 mins (on average) on each image...yes, every single one :) Not that I am complaining - I do it as that is why I have been hired - this is my job as a photographer - to customise your photos to you.
My goal when starting my business was to make good (dare I say great...) photography accessible for every day people. I think everyone should have heirloom treasured images of their families and though with the influx of digital cameras where people can take thier own images, there is nothing like having someone else take your pictures and then take the time to edit them to perfection. Even as a photographer myself, I love it when I have other photographers do this for me and my own family - my own memories with ME in them :)
I LOVE love L-O-V-E evol LOVE *LLLLOOOOVVVEEE* being a photographer. can I say it enough?? loud enough?? I love it!! I live your images, breathe them, dream them...
But, I am asked all the time...why do you cost so much? What makes you different from Sears? cant you give me large cheap print packages like JC Penney does?
And that got me thinking...how am I different? What is the worth of a custom photographer?
I started to pen some ideas and then I found this article which I thought I would share with you.
http://www.kerimeyersphotography.com/why-choose-custom-photography/
and that links onto some of the 'behind the scenes' of the costing that goes into a session...
http://www.professionalchildphotographer.com/information/?page_id=16
food for thought...
Saturday, January 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment